The PCAP course covers all the basics of programming in Python, as well as general computer programming concepts and techniques. The course also familiarizes the student with the object-oriented approach.
The aim of the course is to:
- familiarize the student with the universal concepts of computer programming,
- present the Python programming language syntax, semantics, and the runtime environment,
- acquaint the student with general coding techniques and object-oriented programming,
- enable the student to start her/hisown studies, and to open a path to the developer’s career.
- writing simple programs,
- the print() function,
- operators – data manipulation tools,
- variables – data-shaped boxes,
- output vs input,
- strings and numbers.
- making decisions in Python,
- relational operators,
- conditions and conditional execution,
- the elif clause,
- Python’s loops,
- logic and bit operations,
- lists – collections of data,
- sorting simple lists – the bubble sort algorithm,
- lists in advanced applications.
- writing functions,
- returning a result from a function,
- functions and scopes,
- practicing with designing and writing functions,
- tuples and dictionaries
- using modules,
- working with math, random and platform modules,
- errors and exceptions,
- characters and strings vs. computers,
- writing four simple programs.
- basic concepts of object programming,
- the stack – a procedural approach,
- detailed anatomy of an exception,
- generators and closures
- processing files
- working with real files.
The PCAP | Programming Essentials in Python curriculum is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge of programming.
- Web and Internet development (e.g., Django and Pyramid frameworks, Flask and Bottle micro-frameworks)
- Scientific and numeric computing (e.g., SciPy – a collection of packages for the purposes of mathematics, science, and engineering; Ipython – an interactive shell that features editing and recording of work sessions)
- Education (it’s a brilliant language for teaching programming! And that’s why we’re offering this course to you)
- Desktop GUIs (e.g., wxWidgets, Kivy, Qt)
- Software Development (build control, management, and testing – Scons, Buildbot, Apache Gump, Roundup, Trac)
- Business applications (ERP and e-commerce systems – Odoo, Tryton)
Training consists out of 50 contact hours of training.
There are two possible day combinations: Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday. For upcoming classes, please visit our Training Schedule.
The PCAP | Programming Essentials in Python curriculum helps students prepare for the PCAP | Python Certified Associate Programmer certification exam, available from February 2018. PCAP | Python Certified Associate Programmer is a professional certification that measures the student’s ability to accomplish coding tasks related to the basics of programming in the Python language, and the fundamental notions and techniques used in object-oriented programming.
|Programming Essentials in Python||198.00 €|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.