Programming Essentials in Python
The PCAP | Programming Essentials in Python course covers all the basics of programming in Python, as well as general computer programming concepts and techniques. The course also familiarizes the student with the object-oriented approach.
The aim of the course is to:
- familiarize the student with the universal concepts of computer programming,
- present the Python programming language syntax, semantics, and the runtime environment,
- acquaint the student with general coding techniques and object-oriented programming,
- enable the student to start her/hisown studies, and to open a path to the developer’s career.
- writing simple programs,
- the print() function,
- operators – data manipulation tools,
- variables – data-shaped boxes,
- output vs input,
- strings and numbers.
- making decisions in Python,
- relational operators,
- conditions and conditional execution,
- the elif clause,
- Python’s loops,
- logic and bit operations,
- lists – collections of data,
- sorting simple lists – the bubble sort algorithm,
- lists in advanced applications.
- writing functions,
- returning a result from a function,
- functions and scopes,
- practicing with designing and writing functions,
- tuples and dictionaries
- using modules,
- working with math, random and platform modules,
- errors and exceptions,
- characters and strings vs. computers,
- writing four simple programs.
- basic concepts of object programming,
- the stack – a procedural approach,
- detailed anatomy of an exception,
- generators and closures
- processing files
- working with real files.
The PCAP | Programming Essentials in Python curriculum is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge of programming.
- Web and Internet development (e.g., Django and Pyramid frameworks, Flask and Bottle micro-frameworks)
- Scientific and numeric computing (e.g., SciPy – a collection of packages for the purposes of mathematics, science, and engineering; Ipython – an interactive shell that features editing and recording of work sessions)
- Education (it’s a brilliant language for teaching programming! And that’s why we’re offering this course to you)
- Desktop GUIs (e.g., wxWidgets, Kivy, Qt)
- Software Development (build control, management, and testing – Scons, Buildbot, Apache Gump, Roundup, Trac)
- Business applications (ERP and e-commerce systems – Odoo, Tryton)
Training consists out of 50 contact hours of training.
Training is delivered each Tuesday& Thursday from 17:30- 19:00 and Tuesday- Thursday 19:00- 20:30
The PCAP | Programming Essentials in Python curriculum helps students prepare for the PCAP | Python Certified Associate Programmer certification exam, available from February 2018. PCAP | Python Certified Associate Programmer is a professional certification that measures the student’s ability to accomplish coding tasks related to the basics of programming in the Python language, and the fundamental notions and techniques used in object-oriented programming.
|Programming Essentials in Python||198.00 €|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.