LPIC – 2 Preparatory course
LPIC – 2 Preparatory course is designed to help participants get prepared for the LPIC-2, which is the second certification in LPI’s multi-level Linux Professional certification program. The course aims to prepare candidates for the two exams: Exam 201 and 202 that are the required exams to earn LPIC-2. This course covers more advanced Linux skills such as system management and networking. Students will feel confident taking the LPI LPIC-2 202 exam with in classroom assessments and practice exams.
Upon completing the course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Prepare for LPIC – 2 Certification
- Go through Linux Kernel and System Startup
- Administer a small to medium-sized site
- Plan, implement, maintain, keep consistent, secure, and troubleshoot a small mixed (MS, Linux) network, including a:
- LAN server (Samba, NFS, DNS, DHCP, client management)
- Internet Gateway (firewall, VPN, SSH, web cache/proxy, mail)
- Internet Server (web server and reverse proxy, FTP server)
- Supervise assistants
- Advise management on automation and purchases
The course contains these components:
- Linux Kernel
- Kernel components
- Compiling a kernel
- Patching a kernel
- Customize, build, and install a custom kernel and kernel modules
- Manage/query kernel and kernel modules at runtime
- System Startup
- Customizing system startup and boot processes
- System recovery
- Filesystem and Devices
- Operating the Linux filesystem
- Maintaining a Linux filesystem
- Creating and configuring filesystem options
- udev device management
- Advanced Storage Device Administration
- Configuring RAID
- Adjusting storage device access
- Logical Volume Manager
- Networking Configuration
- Basic networking configuration
- Advanced network configuration and troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Notify users on system-related issues
- System Maintenance
- Make and install programs from source
- Backup operations
- Domain Name Server
- Basic DNS server configuration
- Create and maintain DNS zones
- Securing a DNS server
This course is intended for individuals who have knowledge or experience for Linux distribution, completed successfully LPIC-1 or equivalent and are interested for preparing themselves for LPIC 201 and 202 exams.
The course is delivered in 60 contact hours of training.
Classes are usually held three times a week on two-hour sessions. There are two possible day combinations: Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday.
LPIC-2: Linux Network Professional Certification
LPIC-2 is the second certification in LPI’s multi-level professional certification program. The LPIC-2 will validate your ability to administer small to medium–sized mixed networks. You must have an active LPIC-1 certification to receive LPIC-2 certification, but the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 exams may be taken in any order.
Prerequisites: You must have an active LPIC-1 certification to receive LPIC-2 certification, but the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 exams may be taken in any order.
Requirements: Passing exams 201 and 202
|LPIC – 2 Preparatory Course||270.00 €||Download|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.