LPIC – 1 Preparatory course
LPIC – 1 Preparatory course is designed to help participants get prepared for the LPIC-1, which is the first certification in LPI’s multi-level Linux Professional certification program. The course aims to prepare candidates for the two exams: Exam 101 and 102 that are the required exams to earn LPIC-1. This course covers fundamental Linux skills such as file management and manipulation, text processing, command line use, package management, filesystems, hardware, and many more. Students will feel confident taking the LPIC-1 exam with in classroom assessments and practice exams.
Upon completing the course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Prepare for LPIC – 1 Certification
- Go through Exams 101 and 102, namely System Architecture and Linux Installation and Package Management
- Work at the Linux command line
- Perform easy maintenance tasks: help users, add users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot
- Install and configure a workstation (including X) and connect it to a LAN, or a standalone PC to the Internet
The course contains these components:
- Exploring Linux Command-Line Tools
- Work on the command line
- Process text streams using filters
- Use streams, pipes, and redirects
- Search text files using regular expressions
- Managing Software
- Manage shared libraries
- Use Debian package management
- Use RPM and Yum package management
- Create, monitor, and kill processes
- Modify process execution priorities
- Configuring Hardware
- Determine and configure hardware settings
- Design hard disk layout
- Create partitions and filesystems
- Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- Managing Files
- Perform basic file management
- Manage disk quotas
- Manage file permissions and ownership
- Create and change hard and symbolic links
- Find system files and place files in the correct location
- Booting Linux and Editing Files
- Boot the system
- Change runlevels and shutdown or reboot system
- Install a boot manager
- Lab Exercises
This course is intended for individuals who basic or no knowledge in Linux and are interested for preparing themselves for LPIC 101 and 102 exams.
The course is delivered in 70 contact hours of training.
Classes are usually held three times a week on two-hour sessions. There are two possible day combinations: Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday.
LPIC-1: Linux Server Professional Certification
LPIC-1 is the first certification in LPI’s multi-level Linux Professional certification program. The LPIC-1 will validate your ability to perform maintenance tasks with the command line, install & configure a computer running Linux and be able to configure basic networking.
|LPIC – 1 Preparatory course||250.00 €||Download|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.