IT Project Management
In the course “IT Project Management” you will be able to equip yourself with the necessary skills for successful project management in the IT sector. The training addresses all areas of management of information technology projects ranging from hardware, software, networks and telecommunications, systems integration, and human resources.
Moreover, this training guides the project manager and project team’s role during each stage of the project life cycle which helps in gaining basic knowledge and experience about techniques and tools for managing all phases of the project.
Also, you will learn techniques for defining and meeting customer needs, setting goals related to the needs of all stakeholders, the management of the project team, and the proper use of tools to manage the project and completion of the project successfully on time and within the budget.
This training will help you get the knowledge necessary to manage information technology projects of all sizes.
Upon completion of the course, you will learn the following:
- Identification of the need for initiating the project
- Project Initiation
- Maintenance and control of information technology projects through techniques applied globally
- Quality systems on time and budget offers
- Planning and taking measures to sudden changes and potential risks
- Effective project budgeting
- Management of team and client conflicts
- Use of technological tools to manage projects professionally
- Maintenance and management of client relations
- Tools and techniques needed to manage projects
- “Frameworks” – Guide and terminology necessary – process groups and nine knowledge areas recognized globally by (PMBOK)
- Project team essential management guidelines
- Employee / intern position transition to project manager
- Project management functions
- Leadership in information technology environment
- Project Initiation
- Identifications of project development need
- Defining stakeholder’s needs
- “Project Charter” creation
- “Project Goal” creation
- “Project Team” creation
- Defining Project Activity
- Creation and customizing techniques “Work Breakdown Structure” – WBS
- WBS examples in IT Projects
- Exercise – Case Study: WBS Creation for individual projects
- Dynamic Project Time Development
- Activity order setting (Activity Sequencing)
- Activity length measuring
- Separation of activities and tasks in a team
- Project Progress Measuring Techniques
- Considerations to be made during measurement activities
- Methods for measuring project progress
- Monitoring and control procedures
- Reporting procedures and types of reporting
- Project Planning Components
- Group planning processes
- Performance project base creation
- IT Project planning methodologies
- Identification of different approaches in the IT project planning: the development life cycle of the system against the rapid development of applications
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project status reporting, project fundamentals, changes identification
- Project performance evaluation using EVM techniques – earned value management
- Project Closure
- Administrative and contractual closure
- Categorization according to the conclusions of projects or results, such as: integration, additional requirements, migration, system wiping etc.
- Technological methods and systems for managing IT projects
- Agile and Scrum methods
- Microsoft Project Server
- Customer Relationship Management – CRM
This training is intended for individuals, employees, managers and leaders in the information technology sector. The training is also designed for project team members, developers, systems analysts and project official.
Successful delivery of the training requires 16 training contact hours.
Since most of the candidates are working professional, we usually deliver all lectures on Saturday’s. This training model has been proposed in order to allow enough time for participants to study, work in groups and read thoroughly official materials.
Lectures are held from 9:00AM to 5:00PM at the main building of A.U.K.
|IT Project Management||198.00 €||Download|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.