IT Essentials 6.0
The IT Essentials course covers the fundamentals of computer and mobile devices hardware and software and advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an IT professional. It is designed for students who want to pursue careers in IT and students who want to gain practical knowledge of how a computer and mobile devices works.
The IT Essentials course covers the fundamentals of computer and mobile devices hardware and software and advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an IT professional. It is designed for students who want to pursue careers in IT and students who want to gain practical knowledge of how a computer and mobile devices works. Students who complete this course will be able to describe the internal components of a computer, assemble a computer system, install an operating system, and troubleshoot using system tools and diagnostic software. Students will also be able to connect to the Internet and share resources in a networked environment. New topics in this version include data centers, cloud computing and networked host services. Expanded topics include more mobile device hardware configuration and diagnostic, working with mobile operating systems from Android, iOS and Windows Phone and deepening in the level security-related topics.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Develop working knowledge of how computers operate
- Develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills using hands-on labs and virtual learning tools
- Apply skills and procedures to install and upgrade hardware and software and troubleshoot systems
- Practice what you learn on real equipment and using the Cisco Packet Tracer simulation tool
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests
- Get connected to the global Cisco Networking Academy community
The course contains these components:
- Introduction to the Personal Computer
- Lab Procedures and Tool Use
- Computer Assembly
- Preventive Maintenance and the Troubleshooting Process
- Windows Installation
- Windows Configuration and Management
- Network Concepts
- Applied Networking
- Laptops and Mobile Devices
- Mobile, Linux, and OS X Operating Systems
- The IT Professional
- Advanced Troubleshooting
IT Essentials is ideal for students seeking entry-level IT positions in companies, government agencies, educational institutions, or service providers, or to work for themselves.
Career pathways include: IT/technical support, field service technician, help desk technician, network support technician, and more.
The course is delivered in 72 contact hours of training.
Classes are usually held three times a week on two-hour sessions. There are two possible day combinations: Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday.
The CompTIA A+ certification is the first step of your professional IT journey. It’s the ideal foundational certification to get started on a career working with cutting-edge information technologies. It covers mobile, tablets, laptops, desktops and beyond. The exam verifies an individual can troubleshoot networking and security issues within operating systems such as Apple, Android, Windows and more.
For more information on CISCO certifications you can visit: www.netacad.com/careers/certifications
For booking exams please visit our Testing Center