Introduction to Cyber Security
The Internet is a staple in many people’s everyday lives. It is a great place fills with lots of information, but it is also full of dangers. Staying safe on Cyberspace is no longer an option as we have much to lose if we do not exercise caution. Introduction to Cybersecurity covers the importance of cybersecurity, awareness, data confidentiality and good practices when using the cyber space and social media. It walks students through every aspects of security in a broad, easy to understand way and explains the value of securing data, both personal and for businesses.
The course shows students the great demand for cybersecurity professionals and opportunities in pursuing a career in security. The course modules define cybersecurity, explain why it’s important, the impact of cyber attacks, and introduce the processes used to secure data.
The Need for Cybersecurity
- Explain the need and importance of cybersecurity.
- Explain the characteristics and value of personal data, and data within an organization.
Attacks, Concepts and Techniques
- Recognize the characteristics and operation of a cyber attack.
- Interpret the trends in the cyber threat landscape.
Protecting Your Data and Privacy
- Understand how to protect devices from threats.
- Master how to safeguard your privacy.
Protecting the Organization
- Learn techniques to protect organizations from cyber attacks.
- Recognize the behavior-based approach to cybersecurity.
- Explain Cisco’s approach to cybersecurity.
Will Your Future Be in Cybersecurity?
- Understand legal and ethical issues in cybersecurity.
- Explain the opportunities for pursuing an education and a career in cybersecurity.
The course is delivered in 30 contact hours of training.
Classes are usually held three times a week on two-hour sessions. There are two possible day combinations: Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday.
|Introduction to Cyber Security||– €||Download|